Leader In Me
Lynchburg Elementary School is proud to be a Leader in Me School. Leader in Me is an evidence-based PK-12 model, developed in partnership with educators and designed to build resilience and leadership in students, create a high-trust culture, and help improve academic achievement.
We focus on developing the whole child by:
- Teaching leadership to every student.
- Creating a culture of student empowerment.
- Aligning systems to drive results in academics.
We use two frameworks in our work as a leadership school:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People helps us learn and apply leadership skills and gives us a common language for building a supportive emotional environment.
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution helps us to identify, track, and achieve academic and personal Wildly Important Goals (WIGs).
We invite families and community partners to join us in our mission by:
- Attending an upcoming leadership event.
- Joining our Parent and Community Lighthouse Team.
- Sponsoring or supporting a schoolwide leadership role, club, or service-learning project.
Please reach out to Monica Hardin, Family & Community Partnerships Action Team Contact, at [email protected] to get connected, or visit the Leader in Me Family Development page to learn more.