Schedule for picking up locker items, Chromebooks, and learning packets for December 2020
Students that need to pick up items from their lockers can do so starting Monday, December 7th, 2020. Please use the following schedule for social distancing:
- Seniors 9:00-10:00
- Last names ending in A-N from 9:00-9:30
- Last names ending in O-Z from 9:30-10:00
- Juniors 10:00-11:00
- Last names ending in A-N from 10:00-10:30
- Last names ending in O-Z from 10:30-11:00
- Sophomores 11:00-12:00
- Last names ending in A-N from 11:00-11:30
- Last names ending in O-Z from 11:30-12:00
- Freshman 12:00-1:00
- Last names ending in A-N from 12:00-12:30
- Last names ending in O-Z from 12:30-1:00
- Eighth graders 1:00-2:00
- Last names ending in A-N from 1:00-1:30
- Last names ending in O-Z from 1:30-2:00
- Seventh graders 2:00-3:00
- Last names ending in A-N from 2:00-2:30
- Last names ending in O-Z from 2:30-3:00
Other students not able to come during the regular school hours: 3:00-4:00
Students without internet that need to pick up student learning packet:
Students without internet at home will be able to pick up packets of work on Wednesday, December the 9th using the same schedule above. Please remember these learning packets are for only students without internet access. We can not print off for all students. If you would like to wait until this date to pick up your locker items that will be sufficient.
Learning Packets will need to be returned to MCHS and placed in the boxes near Mrs. Dye’s desk once they are completed and ready to be graded by Wednesday, December 16th, 2020. If students complete the learning packet before December 16th, they can return the packets to the high school lobby from 8:00 to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday. If you need to make other arrangements, please contact MCHS at 931-759-4231.
Remote Learning for T2 at MCHS
Remote students using Edmentum, please use the following link when working on your schoolwork.
Teachers will check daily progress through the online curriculum to verify the student’s progress and attendance through the website. Students will be responsible for login into each class and complete work daily towards academic success in each course. This means students will be required to work on all classes daily which could be up to five classes inside the online program. If students have questions, please take screenshots and email their teacher with a specific question to better help all involved to be more successful. Below you will see an example of how detailed students’ progress can be viewed with this online program. This is a small example of the details of time on task and work effort that can be viewed with this program. If you have any questions, please call 931-759-4231 and ask to speak to an administrator.
Moore County High School and Middle School Parents,
The faculty and staff of MCHS/MS are looking forward to the beginning of a new academic year. We will begin school on Monday, August 3 for orientation from 8:00 until 10:00. Please read the following information so you are prepared for this upcoming school year.
Before your student arrives on August 3rd, please ensure that you register online through our website at www.moorecountyschools.net and find the link to our school. If you don’t have internet access please contact us at 931-759-4231. If you are choosing virtual learning, make sure the application is completed as soon as possible. If virtual learning is your path, you should have chosen between the three orientation dates on the application.
Our goal is student learning. We want to keep school as close to normal as possible; however, we will be following a few different procedures to lower the risks of COVID-19. We will supply masks for students and cleaning materials for classrooms. Masks will be provided for students and a choice if they wear it or not. The list below is not exhaustive, it contains procedures for this year.
- Student’s temperatures will be checked daily as they enter the building. Students with an elevated temperature (100.4 or higher) will be assessed and sent home as needed.
- Students that meet the above criteria during the school day will be taken to an isolated room and assessed and sent home if needed.
- Desks, technology equipment, and other shared items will be disinfected. Students will be required to wipe the desks down after they have been sprayed with disinfectant by the teacher.
- Students will be sent to different locations in the morning to reduce congestion in one area.
- Students will eat lunch in the cafeteria and the auxiliary gym to reduce numbers and congestion.
- Class changes will be staggered to keep numbers down in the hallways.
- Athletics will follow additional TSSAA guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Masks will be recommended but not required.
- Water bottles are recommended.
Please understand that procedures may change throughout this process as we receive guidance from the Tennessee Department of Education, Local Health organizations and the CDC.
We understand that not all families in Moore County have sufficient internet access in their homes. To help our families with this we are increasing our WiFi signal at Lynchburg Elementary School so that you can connect to the internet from the front parking lot of LES.
While there won’t be a password required to connect, please remember that we are monitoring the content in compliance with the federal law requirement. In addition, in order to follow the safe distance order, we are requiring you to stay in your vehicle while on campus. The Moore County Sheriff's Department will be monitoring the campus to ensure security and safety.
IT Help Desk
If parents or students need assistance using Chromebooks or WiFi, we are here to help. You can reach out to us at 1-786-401-2455 or 1-786-401-2425.
Congratulations to MCHS Teachers of the Year for 2019-2020, Mrs. Belinda Smith and Mr. Jonah Deal and LES Teachers of the Year, Mrs. Cortney Boyce and Mrs. Rikki Stubblefield!
Bad Test Takers:
Testing tips on how to best approach the ACT.
Resource for additional practice and tutorials for the ACT.
The direct ACT website link to see testing dates and to register for upcoming tests.