Announcements‎ > ‎

Weather Forecast and Parent-Teacher Conferences

posted Mar 3, 2015, 7:31 AM by Chad Moorehead   [ updated Mar 3, 2015, 7:55 AM ]
If the weather forecast for Thursday (March 5) is correct we may have to close schools for the day.

In the event that the roadways are clear by Thursday afternoon and we have reason to believe they will remain so after sunset, we will continue with Parent-Teacher conferences as scheduled.  Information regarding the cancelling of the conferences will be delivered on Thursday via Remind101, Facebook, "Robo Calls", and the school district website.

While Friday of this week appears to be a good opportunity to "make up" a snow day, we do not currently need to do so.  We have 3 "snow days" remaining at this point.  The Commissioner of education has established an appeal process for up to 3 instructional days lost due to inclement weather.  If we are in need of this appeal by the end of March (the deadline set by the Commissioner), an appeal will be filed.  I am unsure as to the likelihood of the appeal being granted, but an effort will be made if needed.

Comments